Saturday, June 12, 2010

2028...

is the year my baby boy will graduate from high school. I guess I am being presumptuous by saying this, being that I have no idea what the future holds in store for us.

Some of you may wonder why on Earth I would even think about this, but Friday night as I sat at our high school's graduation and watched parents and family members beaming with pride, I couldn't help but wonder what I'll be feeling in 18 years. As a teacher now seeing these kids mature and blossom over just 4 short years, I can't imagine watching my own son grow up and become a young man. I tried to imagine into what group he would be categorized someday. A slacker. A nerd. An athlete. A skater. A jock. A player. A ladies' man. A class clown. A kid every teacher loves to hate. I've seen them all and they all play a very important role in high school life. I'm comfortable with his falling into any of these, as long as he's happy and healthy. I know I am getting way too far ahead of myself here and again am not even sure what tommorow brings, but every Momma is allowed to dream of her baby boy's future, right?

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila