Thursday, February 21, 2013

Solid Foods!

The time has finally come when we dug out the old dusty high chair and cleaned it off in anticipation to feed our 2nd born solid foods!  I remember how excited I was to start foods with Gage and it was definitely the highlight of our night.  We started right around 4 months with rice cereal and Gage was an expert from the beginning.  He hated green beans and peas, much like he does now, but would cry between bites when I wasn't shoveling it in fast enough.  We didn't start right away with Ezra because of the alleged allergy and then I had to remember how to start, how much, when, etc.  Then I had to find the time.  Because when you have two, it's not quite as convenient as it was the first time around.  I know, the poor 2nd child- always getting the shaft. 

I almost even considered letting day care do it since I would prefer him to drink less at school and it was one less thing I had to worry about.  Then I decided that was silly and how I couldn't let this baby milestone be something that I didn't share with my child on purpose.  Then I started to get excited- excited about Ezra too, meeting this milestone and eating cereal and  moving on to veggies and fruit.  So here we are- just a few days short of 5 months starting with oatmeal this time instead of rice cereal.  Unfortunately I had to mix it with formula and not breast milk though because I'm just not producing enough and I can't bear to potentially waste it if he doesn't eat it.  Plus I don't want him to have a bottle of formula if I can help it.  He wasn't nearly the fan that Gage was and the 1st night he barely ate any at all. He got better the 2nd and 3rd nights and finished the whole T. the 3rd night.  He still made a face like it was the most disgusting thing ever, but nevertheless he's learning to eat.  He doesn't seem to swallow as well as Gage and a lot came back up, but I'm sure he'll get the hang of it soon enough.  We'll see how the rest of the week goes and with any luck we'll start veggies this weekend.  Here's a few pictures of my little E in his high chair and eating his 1st bites.  I can't believe he's growing up so fast!
1st time in the high chair- he looks so much bigger than Gage did.
Would you look at this face?

Clearly not so sure

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila