Saturday, January 15, 2011

14 months (a day late)..

Dear Gage,

Yesterday you turned 14 months old and has been the trend lately, I didn't get to your letter until today.  Life with you these days is just so much busier than it used to be.  You are ALL over the place, or as much as you can be without walking yet.   You are constantly getting into mischief these days and I'm chasing you out of cabinets or away from stairs.  You absolutely LOVE your 'gooks' and are just now recently crawling into Mommy and Daddy's lap so that we can read to you.  I think you could sit there all day long.

We've had a rough go since your last letter with your health.  You've been on 4 antibiotics since your birthday for ear infections and you're supposed to be getting tubes in your ears on Friday, barring any cough/sniffles (which you currently have).  I am praying that what I hear about tubes is true and that you'll start to eat and sleep better.  Speaking of those things, I think you've probably slept a week in the last 2 months all the way through the night.  Where, oh where, has my perfect sleeper gone?  Your eating habits are sporadic and some days you like something and the next day you don't.  Some things you'll never turn down:  grilled cheese sandwiches, oranges, yogurt, Gerber lil meals and waffles.  I guess none of those things are TOO bad for you, but can we get a little variety?  You don't eat many veggies and I'm still trying to come up w/ ways to sneak them in.  At least the Gerber meals have a good serving.  We are still fighting the sippy cup/bottle fight, but you only get one bottle a day.  In a few weeks, I'm going to pull that one as well.  We are making some headway on the milk out of a sippy but I'd say max is 3oz. a day.  We're still chugging along though...

Probably b/c you're a picky eater and won't drink milk you haven't gained one oz. since your year appt.  I'm getting a little worried....you only have a month to beef up.  Needless to say, you still wear 12 mo. clothes, some of which are still big on you. You also have a month to start walking.  Those 2 things will be at the top of the list at your 15 mo. appt.  We aren't worried so much about your walking though since you are SO verbal.  You have close to 20 words and it seems you learn a new one every day.  It's crazy the things you can repeat.  You also only have 4 teeth.

Some of your favorite toys these days are your books, of course, your Little People farmhouse, your dinosaur walker, your tunnel (still), your guitar, your pianos (you'll never turn down a piano), your workbench and your Fridge Farm.  Pretty much everything you got for your bday or Christmas.  You still love a good song and have learned some new dance moves lately that are pretty hilarious.

You are losing all your friends at daycare (they're all moving up to the toddler rooms) and I'm sad that you won't enjoy every day as much.  I'm also afraid the teachers won't have as much time for you, w/ all the brand new babies.  Hopefully you'll start walking in 2 months, so you can catch up w/ them before long. 

Gage, we can't describe how much joy you bring to our lives every day.  I can't wait to pick you up at the end of every day to see what new things you have learned.  You never cease to amaze me with your vocabulary and we'll just hang in there until you decide you want to walk (or stand).  I pray that you will start to feel better once your tubes get put in.  I hate to see you grumpy and there's been quite a few days in the last few months.  You are such a trooper though and I can imagine that you are in more pain than we know.  We know when something is a little off, but you still try to be our sweet little boy each and every day.  We thank God for you often and can't wait to see what the upcoming months bring.  I'm sure there will be so much more to write about by March!

Love, Babu

Gage giving Scout a hug
 

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila