Thursday, April 28, 2011

The rest of Spring Break...

Although we had a wonderful vacation, when we got back I only had a few short days to get things done around the house.  Also, as much time as I love spending with Gage, I did send him to school Thursday and Friday. We pay WAY too much for him to miss an entire week and unfortunately there are some things that I needed to get done around the house that don't involve a 17 month old.  Sometimes I feel guilty, though  I suppose I should take advantage while I have daycare as an option.

So I had a mission on Thursday, the weather was supposed to be nice and I was damned and determined to get some flowers in my beds.  If only I had taken pictures of the before....OMG.  As soon as Luke and I spent over 2 hours digging up EVERYTHING that existed, I thought, "I should've taken a picture."  Anyway, it looked something like this...

....except without the pretty colors.

This is probably more like it.

It was overgrown with what I consider the most evil plant in existence.....lariopy!  I know, I know, it's decorative and people love it, but I HATE IT.  It's just one of those things that you have to closely monitor before it takes over the entire bed.  Last summer, with Gage being so little, I did nothing to my beds and I hated the way they looked.  The summer that I was pregnant, I tried to plant some perennials in hopes they would rebloom last summer....no luck.  However, guess what is back this summer??  2 out of 6, not too bad.  Anyway, it took us hours to clear the whole bed, then Luke proceeded to mulch on another day for an hour and I finally got the flowers down on Thursday after a few hours and I think it looks pretty nice.  If you have a green thumb, then it's not impressive but I'm the girl who purchased 'Gardening for Dummies' once so for me, it's success.  AND at least it looks like someone who lives here cares and we're not that vacant house on the corner!


I didn't realize how bad these pictures looked, as you can tell, we need to mulch again.

Thursday afternoon after my gardening rant, I picked Gage up from school and changed him to go see the Easter Bunny.  It wasn't as bad as Santa, but the picture is still pretty funny.  He was all excited about the bunny and couldn't stand to wait in line, repeatedly saying 'bubby', 'bubby', 'Easa bubby'.  He even said yes when I asked him if he wanted to see the Easter Bunny.  But you know the rest of the story, as soon as I put him down, he screamed! (See yesterday's Wordless Wednesday.)  Meanwhile, you can enjoy some pictures of Gage in his Easter outfit.  I had to try to snag a few since I knew the actual bunny picture wouldn't be so cute.


Always must have chalk in his hand if he's outside.


Momma's cutie pie.

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila