Monday, June 13, 2011

Couch 2 5K: Week 4.5

Yes, it's true, I have to do another week over, due to more heat advisories and thunderstorms.  However, the good news it that I have done 2 days of Week 4 and am trying for 3 days of Week 4 this up and coming week.  I was hoping to one day catch up with my virtual running buddy, but it looks like she remains a week ahead...rats!  I will say I have made it through both of the Week 4 days with no walking when I'm supposed to be running, so I'm proud of that!  I didn't think at first I could make it, but I did....yesterday, I ran/walked a total of 2.5 miles.  I'm not sure exactly how much of that was running, but I guess it gives me a good gauge for the future.  I am pretty sure I run as fast as a normal person could walk, however.  And tonight's run I think was pretty much identical to last night's- neither faster, nor slower. 

If you are thinking of doing this, again, I recommend a running podcast that tells you when to run/walk, I also recommend mapmyrun.com if you don't have some sort of GPS that'll tell you how far you've gone. It's really easy to use, you just have to remember your route and it'll at least give you a good idea of how far you've run.  So until next time....I will try to run Wed. or Thurs., I'm taking tomorrow off!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Haha!! At the rate I'm going, you'll be catching up to me in no time. This 5-min interval is killing me!!! I can't seem to do it, but I also don't think I'm pushing myself as hard as I should be. I just don't want to die of a heat stroke!! (But I don't want to wake up at 5:00 in the morning either!) hahaha Keep up the hard work!!!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila