Friday, June 10, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend my parents came to visit and to spend some time with Gage while Mommy and Daddy had some alone time together. The original plan was to go to the Kenny Chesney/Zac Brown Band concert at FedEx, but Mommy is cheap and kept slacking on buying tickets, until it was too late. In any case, Luke and I found other things to do while Gage got to spend some QT with Nana and Granddiddy.

Friday night they arrived before Gage went to bed and he screamed 'Nana' when he saw my Mom. Oh, the blessings of Skype! I love that he can see her and talk to her, even between visits. Anyway, Friday we just played a bit before bed and Luke and I visited with my parents after Gage went to sleep. On Saturday morning, Luke and I went to look at cars. We're thinking of getting a new car this summer, both of our cars are getting older and they are both paid off, so we're looking to upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I have NO desire to make a car payment again, but if we ever have any more children we're going to need a bigger car. We had 4 in mind.

Kia Sorento
Ford Flex
Honda Pilot
  
Toyota Highlander
We only got to test drive 3 out of the 4 and I could go into a whole other post about our choices/decisions, but this is more about getting the opportunity to spend some time childless.  Anyway, it was pretty fun to go car shopping again and I'm sure we'll end up buying something within the next few months.
 
The more exciting part of the weekend came later that evening.  Back in March, during March Madness, Luke and I didn't enter any pools, but we still wanted to fill out a bracket, so we decided to bet each other. Needless to say, I won!  hah...I always win!  Anyway, Luke owed me dinner at The Melting Pot, although I had no idea when I was actually going to be able to cash it in....Enter:  grandparents! 

OMG!  It was fabulous!  I had only been there twice before, since you know it's not just an every day restaurant, but I forgot how yummy it was!  It really was nice to get to go out to dinner w/ just Luke and not worry about what Gage was going to eat and whether or not we could entertain him while we ate, etc.  So a big thank you goes out to the grandparents for giving us this chance.  And if you've never checked out The Melting Pot, you MUST, but again, for a special occasion.  They actually have a Ladies Night, a Military  Appreciation Night and they had a Teacher Appreciation Night for pretty good prices.

After dinner, Luke and I got to see a movie too! What a treat!  How often does that happen?  We went to see Bridesmaids....and it was hysterical.  Definitely a must see if you can.  I think Luke laughed way more than me!  Anyway, overall it was awesome to get to go out to a dinner and a movie and test drive some cars every now and then!  I just got around to posting this now.....the last weeks of school are always crazy and I've been way tired.  Graduation was tonight and I was at school from 645am- 745pm and I'm worn out!  Only 5 more days before I get to spend the summer with my little man! 

 

3 comments:

Kerri said...

We're thinking our next car will be a Toyota Highlander. Like you, ours are both paid off now but we'll need something bigger when we have more kids.

Looove Melting Pot & Bridesmaids was hilarious!!

-Kerri (looks like Blogger is messed up again and won't allow me to comment under my name. Annoying!)

Lisa Weidknecht said...

Relaxing and surfing by to follow you! Come follow me too? Weidknecht.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I like the Honda Pilot :) Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I'm pretty excited about Summer just because they're going to have all those *awesome* sales on school supplies soon! 99 cent notebooks - YAY! :) :) :) Great site - newest follower!

I really like your blog - I'm trying to get mine off the ground and was wondering if you could come check it out and consider following.

http://www.guitartrump.blogspot.com/

Hope you have an *amazing* day! :)

Alex

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila