Saturday, January 30, 2010

"Nuk"ie monster

This was my 1st week back to work and also the week that we chose to unswaddle our baby. Yes, I know I said that like 2 weeks ago, but it never happened. It took Gage accidentally rolling over in his swaddle and not being able to get back over to convince us. And why not, on the 1st day I have to be up by 5am? The dr. said it would take about a week for him to get used to it and it's been almost that. The first night was rough (3.5 hrs. of sleep) but so is any new habit you teach a baby. Anyway, he sleeps pretty much as well and as long as he did before. Now, we just have to work on the nap situation....and attempting to get him to nap on a regular basis.

Also, I believe that my husband has created what we like to call a "Nuk"ie monster and if they don't already have a shirt that says that, I am marketing one and trademarking it. Anyway, our child will now not nap or sleep w/o a Nukie, which is fine since he used to just spit it out after he had calmed himself. But oh no, not now....now he will fuss until we come and pop it back in for him. Oh no, not me! That is all Luke. I told him he should look for a blow up mattress for the floor of his nursery when Gage moves in, b/c I'll be damned if I get up everytime he needs it. I have friends who do that and it's just not going to work for me.

Also this week, Gage and Daddy have had a lot of fun... from going on walks and going shopping to making cheesecakes. Gage also found his hands this week and went cross eyed for hours looking at them. He is now trying to figure out how to get them in his mouth........oh and Gage's 3rd snowfall of his life....on a Saturday. This will make it 3 weeks, 5 weeks and 11 weeks.

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila