Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Lincoln Lawyer: Review

On Saturday night, we got to indulge in something we rarely get to anymore.  Ah...the simple pleasure of the movies.  I used to LOVE seeing movies before Gage... and before they were $12 a pop.  Anyway, we didn't even know what was playing, we just knew we had a babysitter, since Grandma and G'Diddy came to visit.

The Lincoln Lawyer was really the only movie we could agree on.  It had gotten good reviews and had some pretty good actors, so we gave it a whirl.  I don't particularly love Matthew McConaughey, but he was damn good in this movie. Ryan Phillipe wasn't too hard to look at either.  And Luke loves him some Marisa Tomei, so we were both happy with the end product.  I won't ruin the movie for you, but if you like a good 'legal thriller' this is a movie for you.  For some reason, I have always had a thing for court case movies.  It was just right for me, I didn't have to think too hard, but it kept my interest.  It didn't drag on, like I feel most movies do these days.  It was a good story and probably an even better book, which I would love to read if I ever find the time again.  Perhaps I'm just easily amused these days, as I don't get out much, but I think most men and women would enjoy this film.  And if you read the book, let me know...

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I've been wanting to see this. Thanks for the review. :)

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila