Friday, July 8, 2011

Mommy Help...

Mommies, I need your help...

I need some suggestions.  This might seem an obvious question to some but my brain can't wrap around it.  Gage is short (as are most toddlers) and obviously can't reach any of the sinks in the house.  We wash his hands before he eats with baby wipes, unless we feel he is especially dirty.  I'm sick of this, I want my child to wash his hands  like he does at daycare, where they have a baby sink.  My problem is that I have no idea how to get him up to the sink, other than a step stool.  Problem is, no step stool is high enough.  My kid is short, did I mention?  However, he can't be the shortest toddler ever and I know others have had this problem.  I just don't know what to do, other than to hold him up and pin him between myself and the sink while I try to turn the water on, soap us his hands and turn it off.  Why does this not seem like a hard concept, but for me it is?  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

5 comments:

Casey Jensen said...

Yea. Baby wipes don't always cut it. You could use a bar stool. I just tried it on Finn and it totally works. I normally just hold him up to the sink under one arm and then use the other hand to wash his hands and face. Don't worry they eventually grow. :)

Kerri said...

Yeah, I totally just sit Camden on the counter by the sink and lean him over and stick his hands under the water. Not the most convenient way, I'm sure, but it works for us. Camden loves looking at the bubbles the soap makes in the sink.

Cindy said...

Yep- Me too. Did the sink prop with my first three, and little man is on the baby wipe thing now...UGH! I do let him play in a pan of bubbles while I wash dishes though, maybe this could be tweaked? Following you over from Relax and surf! Hope you can stop by!
Cindy
http://cute-ecakes.blogspot.com

lorialcorn2006 said...

wow thats a difficult question I think the bar stool idea is good . I'm following you from the Sunday hop hope you can follow me too love the pictures of your beautiful children
http://lorialcorn2006.blogspot.com/

kyna... said...

We are in the same boat! Ellie is super short! We do the sink prop!
Newest follower! I love your blog! Can't wait to read more!

Come visit me at:
http://greatexpectations-kyna.blogspot.com/

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila