Monday, July 4, 2011

Let Freedom Ring, Let the Whole World Sing...

It's Independence Day!  As we celebrate our independence, I want to thank of all the servicemen and women past and present that have fought for this very liberty. 

Today was much different than our usual 4ths.  I have to say I was slightly disappointed.  For the last at least 5 years, we have gathered with good friends of ours to celebrate the 4th and it has always been tradition.  This year, however, they were out of town and therefore, we were left high and dry.  We will be celebrating with them on Saturday- kind of a belated 4th, if you will.  In any case, we didn't do too much today- ran some errands, took naps and hung out with our some of our other good friends and their family.  We hadn't seem them in a while so it was nice to visit with them, but Chinese food just isn't a part of my usual 4th of July.  I did make my yummy Kahlua cake though, I am saving my special 4th of July dessert for Jamie and Brad's on Saturday.  Maybe I'll share the recipe with you, if I'm feeling up for it.  As far as the rest of the night, we're pretty tired in this house.  Gage hasn't slept the best lately and it's catching up to us.  I, unfortunately, won't be seeing any fireworks tonight, which if you know me, is pretty disappointing in itself.  Maybe I'll be selfish and hope for rain!  J/K.

Tomorrow is the Little Gym, a DC marathon (I'll fill you in on that later), Wed. is a kids concert and swim class, Thursday is the  premiere of BIG BROTHER and Friday, Daddy is off work!  A busy week and so much to blog about!  Happy 4th of July!  Gage had a pretty cute shirt for today, but not sure I got any good pictures. 

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila