Sunday, January 8, 2012

A few things...

I want to remember.  This past Thursday, Jan 5th (2 years and 1 month), Gage peed on the potty for the 1st time!  Don't get me wrong, I don't think potty training is right around the corner or anything, but just wanted to document it for memory purposes.

Also, a kind of funny situation from daycare on Friday morning.  Somehow I managed to get Gage to school with only half of his breakfast and didn't realize it until I was all the way there.  Daycare is just 8 mins. from my house so it's not too big of a deal, but usually if I forget something I notice before we get all the way there.  In any case, I just brought him oranges and left his waffle at home.  I knew he didn't like what they were having for lunch that day so I figured I should probably run home and get it, although I had a 730am meeting.  I sat him down at his table as usual with his friends and breakfast and told him I'd be back in about 20 mins. 

When I got in the car to race home, I couldn't help but think that by the time I got back Gage would be up and playing with the other kids and could careless about the waffle I sped home to get.  I figured it wouldn't even get eaten anyway.  When I got back (about 19 mins. later) I walked in to find all the kids in Gage's class playing and Gage still sitting at the table, already done with his oranges.  I gave a questioning look to the teacher and she said, 'I told him to go play and that he could sit back down when you got back and he told me, 'Mommy coming back, she bring me waffle'. and he wouldn't budge.  My heart melted a little.....what a sweet boy!

Finally this weekend was Gage's 1st experience with toddler teeball!  As you all have heard me talk about, Gage's coordination is AWFUL and I figured the only way it's going to get better is by putting him in activities that promote coordination.  The SoccerTots program is very popular in our area and I'm guessing because it's the easiest sport for a kid, alot of people enroll their kids in it early on.  Neither Luke nor I are very interested in soccer, so I wanted to try the Lil Sluggers program instead.  As we suspected, Gage is a little young and a little uncoordinated, but I think we're going to stick with it anyway.  There was only 1 other kid in the class and he got alot of attention, so we'll see how it goes.  Maybe he'll at least learn to catch a ball.  Here are a few pictures, not very good, but at least something to document his 1st lesson.



Can you believe the size of those bats?


1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Yay Gage for going pee pee on the potty! I don't think we are any where near potty training for Bryce (Rylie was super easy and was done by this age!) but you know that I made a blog post just to document his first pee. ;-)

I love the Lil Sluggers thing! I think it is great to get kids involved as young as you can, and if he likes it, then definitely keep up with it. I tried to put Rylie in soccer when she was 2, even though, like you, I really have no interest in it. She wouldn't even participate. She just stood on the side and clung to my leg. It was way too early for her. I think I might put her in gymnastics or something, but now I want to see if there is a little teeball league I can put Bryce in. :-D

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila