Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lots to catch up on...

I only have 3 more days before I will officially take my September break and I have so much to update on. Long ago, I promised I would post about swim lessons so I'll start there.

Gage took swim lessons for 4 weeks this summer. We were going to start earlier but when he was 6 months old we went to observe a class and I knew he was a little too young. However, I definitely wanted to get him in the water this summer and I'm glad I did. He had a blast. We went to the beach this past week and he wasn't scared of the water, I think this is in part due to going to swim lessons and being in the pool a few times a week. He isn't scared of water getting in his eyes or in his face. He still cries when he's dunked but I am planning to keep up w/ taking him to the pool this winter so that he will stay used to it. Luke got a few pictures the last class. He didn't feel well but was, as usual, a good sport. Overall, happy w/ the results. We will probably do swim lessons again, maybe next Winter.


Mommy giving Gage a pep talk.
Gage thought he was pretty cute in his life jacket. They only introduced these to the kids the last class just so they and we would know how to put them on properly.
Playing "Twinkle, Twinkle" to get the babies to float on their backs.

Gage constantly had his fingers in his mouth during every swim lesson. We finally figured out it is a nervous mannerism. He does it when he his uneasy about other things as well.


Fingers in the mouth again.

Gage loved it that Daddy came to every swim class.

Also, as promised, I would post a video of Gage 'dancing'. He has had this silly stuffed donkey since before he was born. A nice lady at my work bought it for him and it sings "Sugar Pie". It has always caught his attention, but lately, he has decided that he needs to get in on the donkey's dancing and this is his interpretation. I took a video w/ my cell phone and haven't been able to figure out how to download it to my computer (it's a Blackberry if anyone knows).  So I'll post this video instead.  It's not as good as the one on my phone and he starts to wave bye bye in the middle but you'll get the point anyway.





Finally, I promised I would post Gage's 9 month stats. Gage is a petite little thing weighing in at 18.5 lbs. He's in the 18th percentile for weight. He is 27.5 inches which is the 25th percentile for height. The doctor said he looked perfect and that by the next visit he should be bottle free and be able to cruise and that we should start to feed him more table food. He definitely got a taste of some new foods while we were at the beach. He is getting pretty damn accurate at feeding himself now, but sometimes still can't grasp slippy food, like watermelon or other fruits. That was about the gist of it. Beach vacation pictures to come....







1 comment:

Jamie Kubeczka said...

He is such a cutie! That is so neat that you took swim lessons with him.

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila