Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Odds and Ends...

I really want my blog to look nice and I envy those people who can make theirs look great, raise kids, have a job, clean their house, and all of the rest that comes with motherhood.  I'm just having a hard time.  I just am not as motivated as I was this summer.  In addition, I only get to spend 3-4 waking hours w/ Gage every day and after he goes to bed, I just want to veg for a few minutes before I start preparing for the next day.  I have my few favorite blogs that I still read, but I just don't have nearly the time that I did this summer.  Maybe when it gets cold and snowy and I have some days off, I'll be more into it.  For now, I'm a little disappointed, b/c again, I want my blog to look nice, but I also want to be motivated to write down memories for Gage to read later on.  I have already forgotten SO much.  I'm glad that I have this to look back on.

We're on a countdown now 'til Gage's bday.  I mentioned earlier the super cute party invitations that I ordered.  Here they are!  I ordered them from VistaPrint.  I had found VistaPrint a few years ago when I ordered a friend's shower invitations and I thought they ended up so cute!  They are also VERY reasonably priced.  The shower invitations came w/ matching envelopes which was pretty cool, too.  Unfortunately these didn't, but I still think they are nice.  I have been reading how a child's 1st birthday party should be a small event as not to stress the kid out.  We only invited a handful of people and Gage's grandparents, so I'm hoping for the best.  We are 25 days out....btw, I'm making my practice dinosaur cake Friday night to decorate at my cake class Sat. am.  I'll post pictures if it's not too embarassing.

Last weekend, we tried to enjoy one of the last nice weekends of Fall and went to an outside outlet mall. This weekend we're going to try to drive down Skyline Drive.  It's crazy to think that it's already peak leaf season and that in a few weeks it will be turning colder.  Who knows what's in store for this Winter?  Ok, I had so much to say, and now I have nothing....always happens....

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I know what you mean, with being busy! Being back to work, I get so few hours with Henry during the day. I try to spend every second of them disconnected from the internet and TV, and focused on him, but it's hard to try to compress all our quality time into those few hours. You're doing great with keeping up your blog though!
The invites are adorable!
I was thinking I could offer some help on the blog-front...sending you an email.

Kerri said...

Can you believe our babies are almost a year old?! Cute invitations. I am pretty sure we're doing a Mickey Mouse theme for Camden. Anyway, it's good to hear from you...I've missed reading about Gage. But I get being busy. I'm having a hard time finding motivation to blog more than once a week myself, but like you, I keep going because I want to have these memories to look back on one day. It all goes by so fast.

Casey Jensen said...

I love reading your blog Amy. So on my blog it say under your blog "Another baby!!!" But when I came to your page it doesn't say anything about it. Hmm....

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila