Thursday, September 13, 2012

Update: 38 Weeks

Ok, this is for real now, the countdown has begun.  8 days from today is my due date and I have every confidence he'll be here at least in the next 3weeks.

How far along: 38 weeks 6 days

Total weight gain: 34 lbs.- 35 is the most I gained with Gage.  Does that mean I'll be bigger this time around, or it's almost go time?

Stretch marks: Just a few:(, lame!

Sleep:  A little better actually, good thing since it'll come to an end pretty quickly yet.

Cravings: I just want a cold Subway sandwich and a Dr. Pepper, is that too much to ask??

Best moment this week:  Having only 2 more days of work and spending all the time possible I can with Gage before the new baby arrives!

Gender: BOY!

Name progress: Definitely have a 1st name. I cannot commit to a middle name and I have no idea why! I think it'll be a game time decision.  However, the deal was long ago that if the O's ever won the World Series or were in 1st place when the baby was born, he could be named after one of them.......Reynolds might end up being the middle name!  ha.....at least you might get this reference, Kerri.

Labor signs: Not yet....doc says I'm 1cm, 70% effaced, blah blah, same exact thing with Gage at this time

Bellybutton in or out: OMG, out! I don't think my belly button was ever out w/ Gage!

What I miss:  the occasional beer and glass of wine AND Dr. Pepper

What I am looking forward to: Meeting my baby and seeing what he looks like!

Milestones: I got nothing.....what do people write in this space anyway??

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's just about go time. I have just 1 more day of work (nuts!!) and then the waiting game begins. I'd love to have him about a week early so I don't waste my sick leave, but just like Gage I know he'll come when he is ready and I will be as patient as I can. 8 days is just crazy though!  We talked induction today with the doctor and just like Gage I want him to come without intervention.  I will go as long as they will  let me, last time it was only 10 days....so I guess if it comes to that, I'll have an October baby and not a September baby.....that's kinda nuts. Anyone know October's birthstone? Never even thought about that possibility!  It's opal, I have been told!  I like sapphires better.  He's got 18 days, I think he can make it.


3 comments:

Kerri said...

Oh I get the reference alright....go O's and go Skins!!

And you're almost done, mama!!

Heather said...

Getting closer!!! So excited for you and the family!!

Jamie Kubeczka said...

Best of luck with delivery! I can't wait to see pics!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila