Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving one and all!  I know I have been a horrible blogger these days and I still have so much to post about our trip home a few weeks back and now here we are 2 weeks later and are back home again to spend Thanksgiving with my family.

Although I would rather this not be the obligatory 'thankful for' post, I do think it's so important to slow down and remember all that we have and those things in our life that we are truly thankful for and are important to us.  I haven't even had time to blog lately, so I definitel haven't taken some time out to reflect about all of the good things in my life.  In saying that, here are the things that I am thankful for, in no particular order.

Family.  I'd be nowhere without them and the fact that I still get to come 'home' and celebrate with over 20 people each Thanksgiving the way I did when I was a kid is awesome.  Not something everyone can say.  Not only extended family, but of course I'm thankful for the awesome husband and Dad that Luke is and the unbelievable blessing that Gage is in our life.

My job.  Although some days I want to scream and have work coming out of my ears, I will always be thankful for having a job and one that I love.  I am thankful that I was given the gift to teach and make a difference in someone's life.

Friends.  I have so many great friends that I can't even keep in touch with on a regular basis, but I am oh so lucky that when we do catch up it's like we've never lost touch.  I have such great friends from high school, college and some I've made in the last 10 years.  Sometimes it's just crazy to think that I've known some of them for over 18 years.  Also nice to know we have several friends that we could call on any time and for any reason at all.

Neighbors.  This year we have been lucky enough to have some amazing neighbors move in.  They are wonderful to us and Gage and we are looking forward to being close with them for a long time.

House.  Although sometimes it seems small and seems to get even smaller as Gage gets bigger, the housing market still sucks and we are lucky that we have somewhere to call home that is comfortable and in a good neighborhood.

Health/Wealth.  We are thankful that all 3 of us and our extended family are in good health.  Gage is smart and thriving and Luke and I can't complain.  And although we're not wealthy, again, we are comfortable and can make ends meet and not everyone can say that.

On a not as serious note, our housekeeper!  I am messy and it is so hard for me to want to come home and clean after a long day at work.  I just want to spend time with Luke and Gage and have a little time to myself too.  Although we still can't keep our house clean for a whole 2 weeks, it helps so much to have a baseline and to keep our bathrooms clean!

Although the above things seem like what everyone is thankful for and kind of generic, I think it's good to at least acknowledge them and to think about how/why they are important in our lives.  I encourage you to take a little time to reflect today and be thankful for all that you have.  Now LET'S EAT!

P.S.  I'm sad I didn't do my 30 days of Thanks this year!:(

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila