Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Bye Bye Sandy

Well, we made it through Sandy in one piece after all.  We were very worried last night about our power going off, but luckily it managed not to.  I have seen some hurricanes in my lifetime, but this has got to be one of the BIGGEST and worse that I can remember.  My thoughts and prayers really go out to those in Jersey and NY that seem to have gotten hit the hardest. 

Things have been a bit crazy around here not having school/work for the last 2 days.  Poor Gage hasn't gone to school in a week.  I kept him home Friday and he hasn't been back since.  This weekend was pretty chill after our last few busy weekends.  Gage had soccer Sat. morning and then took a 3 hour nap.  We played outside a bit on Sunday and another LONG nap followed that.  We took a trip to the toy store Sun. night because we knew we probably wouldn't get out of the house for a few days.  Gage enjoyed picking out some gifts for his birthday that he is sooo excited is in 2 weeks!  Yesterday we spent the entire day indoors of course and it was quite the chore to entertain Gage.  We broke our TV limit by watching quite a few movies and cartoons. We also managed to dig out some toys from the bottom of Gage's toy box he hadn't seen in quite a while.  Today was a little better.  Luke took Gage to the mall this morning to burn off some energy since the weather still was not nice enough to play outside.  But tomorrow is Halloween and it's back to work and school they go!  Gage's school will have trick or treating tomorrow afternoon before the real deal tomorrow night.  It is going to be colder than usual here so we'll see how Gage does.  And unfortunately, although Ezra has a costume, we'll be staying in tomorrow night to hand out candy while Gage goes trick or treating with Daddy.

Here are just a few pictures we took in the last few days while hanging out at home. 

Ezra is finally digging his swing

The 1 month shot

The ever amusing crying-because-you've-taken-my-picture-48-times shot

Next to Teddy- now I need to go back and compare, b/c Luke and I are convinced he's grown a ton!


Oh, how could I forget!  We also carved pumpkins this weekend.  We did it last year as well, but it was way cooler this year for Gage to dig in and get all messy!  Luke carved two pumpkins for Gage- Spiderman and Daredevil, which we think both came out pretty nice.  I am not skilled enough so I opted to make the ever Pinterest popular milk jug ghosts.  Gage liked them though and they are super easy and cheap, so they're definitely a hit in my book and hopefully will look pretty cute tomorrow night on our porch.



Ewww....guts!



It's Spidey, do you see him?

This one is easier to distinguish- Daredevil
And these were just for fun and because we were stuck inside for so long and because I STILL have not gotten a cute shot of both my boys together.


I love a yawning baby

This one's kinda cute because it looks like Ezra's laughing, too.

Look at this kid's fat belly and look how curly his hair is when its wet

Gage got a cake pop while we were at Target, apparently this is how you eat one.

Story behind the above spider.  I took Gage to Target to allow him to pick out one Halloween decoration for our house.  He fell in love with this spider and just kept saying, I love her, I want to take her home with me.  She is my best friend, etc. etc.  He named her Sally.....which coincidentally he named his pumpkin last week, too.

This one might be the winner for the birth announcement

Now, people, do you still think they look alike?


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Your boys are super cute:) Nice to "meet" you!

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila