Saturday, July 24, 2010

The search is on....

for a few things that is.

The first and biggest thing I am looking for is day care. Grr...I hate daycare. This week I have been to several different centers looking for the right fit for Gage and for our wallets. Of course, I know I shouldn't complain too much since Gage doesn't even have to go for another 5 weeks, but I hate all of them. I just haven't walked in one yet that I can see him going to. I feel like I would get a good feeling sooner or later, but I have just about exhausted all of my options.

There are goods and bad to all of them but haven't found one that has more goods than bads. I like something about one, but can't live with something else, etc. They are all pretty comparable in price, which all fall in the ridiculous range. I am still struggling w/ what I am looking for the most (other than for my child to be happy and safe) and trying to find a center that has a good preschool age program too, so that he won't have to move centers in the upcoming years.

I don't have much experience at daycares, so if any of you can jump in, please feel free to. My biggest problem right now is that most of the centers have classrooms for birth-1 year, 12-16-18 months, then 18+ months. That would mean that Gage would be in THREE different classrooms for the 2010-2011 school year. I don't think like that. That's too much moving in 10 months, especially getting used to a new place. The one center that I found that doesn't follow this pattern is kind of an alternative school where they do things much different than the 'average' day care. It is called The Compass School and is based on the Reggio-Emilia approach. If any one has had any experience w/ this, please let me know! I don't think it's necessarily bad, just different. I think we have officially ruled out the home daycare option, although I have had a few referrals lately. It's just so hard, being that I like NOTHING.

On a completely different note, last weekend I read a review on someone's blog about some kind of sheet saver that goes over the sheet on a crib to protect it from accidents. This week, Gage has peed on himself like 3 different times and changing his sheet at 6am, 10am and 2pm is getting kind of old since you have to practically dismantle the crib. I know that I read about a product that snapped on to the rails of the crib, but for the life of me can't figure out from whom's blog. We got these little "sheet saver" things for shower gifts that I registered for and now looking at them, realize they are more like 'bassinet' savers. That is how big and long they are-completely useless for an actual crib. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, or saw this review, please remind me.

In other news, the weekend has been mostly uneventful, Gage's Asian Auntie came to visit last night and we visited friends today. Nothing too super exciting. Still need to go and look for that big boy carseat soon.....and next week the day care search will continue...Oh the Fun!

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila