Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Days of Thanks: Day 9 and 10

Today I am thankful for Veteran's Day and the beginning of the holidays for the public school system!

I am also thankful that there is some sanity left amongst the parents of Northern Virginia teenagers.  I had a very reassuring conversation with a parent yesterday who clearly has his head on straight.  This is probably another post altogether, but lately, I have found so many teenagers AND their parents having such a sense of entitlement.  They are so and so, so they should get such and such.  They live in NoVA and their Daddy's do such and such and 'my kid would NEVER do that', must be the school's fault, etc.  This parent was so supportive of not only us, but of working for what you want and not taking the easy way out.  It was refreshing, to say the least.

No comments:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila